Thursday 12 January 2012

Double Crochet Miniskirt

A double crochet miniskirt

A very simple design with the easiest of stitches. I promised Nadine I'd make it and bought the crofter yarn before Christmas She has approved it and sent me her measurements since I've had two false starts. I'm now making it in a single strip, with the intention of joining it with a centre back seam. It will be a straight block from the hem to the hips and will then decrease in width as I climb towards a low waist. I may put in a drawstring with flowers on each end.

I want to get it to her before the weather gets warm again, and then I can continue making samples for my crochet diploma. Although it's a very basic stitch it is very relaxing, can be done while I'm watching TV and the self-stripe of the crofter style makes it that bit more interesting to watch as it grows.

It's coming along nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment