Sunday 29 January 2012

Multi-tasking


I'm positively FEVERISH with activity at the moment!

A great stash buster....
First of all I've begun making the baby blanket (photo from book below centre) from Nicki Trench's book Cute and Easy Crochet . This is for Lenka, my ex-childminder, who is about to produce a child of her own.




I used a 4ply yarn with a 9mm hook
and took a lace block pattern
from Melody Griffiths' 201 motifs
I'm also experi-menting with the idea of lamp shades, as I've seen some interesting work done on a website called 'Room 39' which has inspired me. 


And I'm teaching chevrons and edgings next Wednesday so I've done a swatch in Rico Essentials mercerised cotton which reminds me of raspberry ripple icecream. I think I'll be able to submit this as part of my swatch set for the Diploma too.


I'm going to Devon next Saturday, to the Craft4Crafters exhibition (combining the trip with a get-together with sister Mandy - also a great crocheter) - so I'll have to decide which project to take with me on the train!

No comments:

Post a Comment